Thursday, February 19, 2015

#ThrowBackThursday "It's You" Short Story

So I went on my tumblr and was just kind of looking through my old posts, and I happened to come across an old short story that I wrote a while back. It was pretty good to me back then lol. Maybe I'll expand on the story in some future posts or something lol BUT then again maybe all start doing #ThrowbackThursdays on my blog because I have a lot of old blogposts that would be fun to read. Oh shit it is thursday today huh? .  Anyways, So here it is.

IT’S YOU.

I grew up thinking getting raped was my fault. Maybe it was something i did or maybe how i acted. I was 11 years old when in happend, a little girl living with her mother and two brothers in brooklyn NY. One night i was walking home from playing at the park with my best friend. I remember it like it was yesterday. While i was walking i swear i could hear someone walking behind me but everytime i looked back there was no one to be seen. Then out of no where i felt a fist punch me in the back of my head. After that i remember waking up  facing down on a wooden floor, i felt a man stroking me harder and harder whispering in my ear “its okay just relax diamond” i wanted to scream but I couldn’t. After he was done he put me in a head lock and said “i love you baby girl” and ran out. I layed there for some moments after that then got my stuff together and found my way then continued walking home. I came home to my mom passed out on the couch. I was so devistated i thought no one would believe me. I never told anyone my story.
15 years have gone by now and I diamond jones am the editor of forbes magazine. More successful than i ever have been. And now even happily married to a beautiful husband with a 6 year old daughter. We have been married for 8 years and are still going on strong. His name is Hakeem and he is 10 years older than me. I know i know its a bit of a difference in our age but hey love is love. 
Okay scratch that, thats how i wished my life was at the moment. But it isnt quite like that. So yes i am married and yes he is 10 years older than me and yes i do have a beautiful daughter. But the thing is i am the opposite of happily married at the moment things havent been going well with me and hakeem. Latley he has been blowing me off saying really mean things. i think he is cheating.
Time to do some investigating. Im coming home early today to check all his shit and see what i can find. Better believe if i do find some shit, him and that bitch are mine. I got home at about a quarter to 7. Great that gives me plenty time to look through his office. i started at his drawers, i didnt really know what i was looking for at the moment but whatever. Then i went to his laptop. I was going through all his files, when i reached a file that was locked. Good thing i am the master of cracking codes. Got it !! it was his birthdate and his weight “what a obvious nigga i thought”. I opened it and it had about 10 other files in just titled dates. I opened the first one and it was a picture of a little girl. Weird i thought to myself. then i began to read. As i read i was in total dis belief i started to cry. I couldn’t believe i was reading a summary on how Hakeem had raped this little girl. I went to the next file it said 3/08/1998 my body turned cold because I could never forget that date. That was the day I was raped by the man i never saw. I slowley clicked on the file and there the picture was, 11 year old me. 
This whole time i was married to my rapist.
THE END.
By: Oyinda 

No comments:

Post a Comment